>Great weekend

>Things really do seem to be getting better and better, all the while.

Friday was a bit of a disappointment, I’ll admit. After a non-stop day at work I wanted to go to see a band I’d not seen before, but by the time I finished work, did the shopping, got home, put the shopping away, and had tea, there wasn’t time. By Saturday dinner time I was climbing up the walls and sent out a few messages to see who was going where Saturday night and when I decided what to do, I sent more messages out seeing who wanted to join me.

I was going to try and see 2 bands on Saturday, but I couldn’t remember the way to the first venue so decided to go straight to the second and meet everyone there for a full set. There were loads of mates there and while it was nice to see the drummer (not seen him in ages) and meet the guitarist for the first time, the evening’s big event was mostly social.

This morning I went walking locally. The beauty of Old Moor is that it’s a stone’s throw away and quite a short circuit, plus, it’s RSPB and I’m a member so therefore it’s free entry. I spent a couple of hours there, taking pictures (to follow when the battery’s recharged in the camera), mostly of the flora as there weren’t many birds on view. The busy time is over now until migration starts and a good green cover makes birdwatching a challenge. So I went for the walk, for the sunshine, and for the flowers.

I dashed back for the football, thinking kickoff was about 2pm, but the first half was already almost over. Birmingham City’s defence sounded dreadful on the radio, and they conceded an apparently easy goal. I was too tired to listen to the rest, and caught a nap before getting ready to go out tonight.

I dashed over to Castleford, putting my last tenner in the tank, thinking I was going to miss the first set, and when I got there I thought they’d already been, cleared up, and gone. But they thought it was a later start than Sundays usually are and they didn’t finish setting up and sound checking until well after 8pm. When they started, though, they were well worth the wait. I thought I might slope off early, but managed to stay until nearly 11pm. And I had another great night with some good mates.

Two late nights on the trot plus a walk in the sunshine knocked it out of me a bit, and I also had a restless night going over and over stuff in my head. So I’m a bit tired, but happy. Very happy.

7 thoughts on “>Great weekend

  1. Toni Anderson 17 August 2009 / 1:19 pm

    >Thanks, Diane–you were right! Hadn't realized. Hopefully I've fixed it. I love the sound of the walk 🙂


  2. Diane 17 August 2009 / 3:05 pm

    >Toni: It still wouldn't let me do it just yet, so I'm going to leave it a day or so before trying again in case it needs replication. Devon: Sometimes if feels as though it's been a long time coming, but I think it's been creeping up on me for several weeks now.


  3. Melissa Marsh 17 August 2009 / 6:09 pm

    >Hearing that you're happy is absolute music to my ears. 🙂


  4. Diane 18 August 2009 / 12:30 pm

    >Thank you, Melissa. What a lovely thing to say.


  5. Ordinary Man 19 August 2009 / 12:17 pm

    >The Blues did OK, could of levelled it at one point. Many teams will not do as well as them. Long way to go yet


  6. Diane 19 August 2009 / 12:50 pm

    >Didn't they lose, then? At least they got this one out of the way.


Comments are closed.