>I went to the hospital yesterday and they had me in there straightaway. The consultant didn’t want to take the knife to me yet, so he asked if we could lance it for now, while I waited (ha ha ha, he could hardly do it while I nipped out), and if it comes back in the next 6 months, he’ll whip it out then. Lots of people have said there’s no point getting it lanced as it usually comes back again, but I saw his point and as he could do it there and then …
So the lump was lanced and dressed and today it’s feeling a teeny bit bruised from the needle … but there’s still a lump there. I don’t know yet if it’s a swelling from the needle or the loose vacuum left behind. Time will tell, but I have a number to get me in there straightaway again if necessary.
The ear infection isn’t doing very well. Until the doc can see the eardrum he won’t prescribe antibiotics, so I’m pouring in olive oil every night like there’s no tomorrow, but it’s not feeling any better yet. The nausea has gone, but that’s about it. However, today I’m starting to get a bit of a throat and that I am worrying about.
Had I not had 2 meetings today, I would have stayed home again, but I struggled in … to find the first meeting had been cancelled. The second meeting I was going to ask to have postponed until next Tuesday anyway as I can’t hear a thing hardly at the moment and as it’s a big meeting it was a waste of time me going. There’s a duplicate of the session on Tuesday so I may go to that one anyway – if I can hear.
So I have all of the magazine bundled up for editing – I’ve done the ordering, collecting, collating, merging, formating, printing and saving – and I emailed the electronic versions to myself. I’m going to take the magazine home tonight and stay there for the next 4 days at least, keeping my germs to myself (although I am popping out to get the car MOTd on Monday morning). I also have the Christmas annual all planned out, I’m just waiting to see what other graphics the design team has before I fire off my first lot of instructions.
This is nice work I can do anywhere and will probably do snuggled up in front of the fire (if necessary – the evenings are still a tad chilly at the moment), or in the yard in the sunshine. And I’m going into hiding. If the ears unblock I can call the doc and get some antibiotics, but if it does spread to the throat, I can get some for that anyway.
If I don’t see you before, have a good weekend.