>YESTERDAY’S REGULAR UPDATE BENEATH THIS ONE.
I was due to come home on Monday, but my sister needed to pick up my niece at 8pm on Sunday, so I came home a day early. Had I been abroad, they would have gone back to mine for the night, and they could have done this time too if they wanted. But as I was in the country I thought it best to come home early because next time I might not be able to.
While I was away I had such a nice time I almost forgot I was supposed to be on a writer’s retreat. I did however get quite a lot done:
• outlined 8 articles
• outlined 3 reader’s letters
• outlined 1 short novel(la)
• outlined 2 novels
• read 2 research novels in a new genre
• wrote 963 words for Catch the Rainbow – not good, like wading through treacle
• wrote 2,114 words in my travel journal
• wrote 4,000 words for the blog
• uploaded, edited, referenced, re-sized 70 photographs
• started to practice my typing on a daily basis, it’s got so rubbish lately
• visited 7 places of interest + 1 orientation drive
• went on 3 walks
• had a smashing time
I had a fantastic drive home, it only took me 2½ hours, and on the way I dropped into Morrison’s to get my weekly shopping.
When I got back me and my sister caught up, then she had to go because my nephew had cadged a ride home too. Much of Sunday evening was spent uploading all my notes and pictures to the blog, to be scheduled over the next couple of weeks.
I had an early night and a nice, long, lazy lie in Monday morning, and by Tuesday was back to normal.
I hope you enjoyed your wander through the Lake District with me. My sister had such a good time too, she’s happy to cat sit again – any time. Might take you up on that, Sis.