Well now, where did this week go? I’ve been frantically busy again, starting off with a very busy Monday.

The gas fitter arrived at 8:30am and was gone by 9am. I worked for much of the day, then the chimney sweep asked if he could come earlier and was here by 3:15pm, and by 4pm the gas fitter had been back and put my fire back. We were worried at first that the chimney may need a new flue lining, but the smoke test came out in all the right places – aka the chimney pot – so we’ve got away with it this time. The gas fitter did advise me to find a new fire, though, as soon as I can, without actually condemning the existing one.

I worked all day on Tuesday but managed to walk the dog up to the post office in time to send something off at 5pm. I didn’t get any chance online, though, and didn’t even switch the laptop on all day. I did, however, keep in touch with the news to see how Hurricane Sandy was doing and how friends might be affected. I believe they’re all safe and well, even if they have been without power.

I worked for all of Wednesday too, apart from when a neighbour decided to drop by and as I work from home thought it was fine to settle on my settee for the next hour. This pushed me back on a lot of things and, with everything else, I ended up dropping off a book in person in town during the evening because I missed the 5pm post office this time. And that’s when Rufus got his walk.

I wanted to clear yesterday’s book because this morning NaNoWriMo started and I wanted to have a good go at Day One … then the police called for a chat, then that neighbour started to text me (he’s stopped now), then Environmental Health called for a chat, and then the milkman called for his money …

I was determined not to do anything else until I’d done my NaNo quota. This isn’t necessarily because I want to win NaNo this year, although I do, but because I want to use NaNo to get me into the habit of writing every day before I do anything else. At the end of the 30 days I want at least 50,000 words of a novel, however bad – you can’t edit a blank page. So I put my foot down and carried on going until I’d cleared the 1,667-word barrier.

And – Ta-Da! – I counted 1,716. 😀   Please welcome back my little man at the bottom of the page with a warm round of applause.

I’m going to break for something to eat now and then I’ll update the gig list, which I should have done yesterday. Then I’m proof-reading another book to get it off my desk and the invoice out. Hopefully I’ll get to walk the dog in daylight again. The book I’m proof-reading I’ll hopefully drop off over the weekend. I could try to catch the post on Friday at 5pm, or Saturday morning before noon. But I don’t mind dropping it in any time over the weekend and at least then I’ll know it’s arrived.

Good luck to all my fellow NaNoWriMo-ers and to any MO-BROs this month too. (If you don’t know what I mean, then it isn’t you.)

The Beast Within


7 thoughts on “NaNo-vember

  1. Carol 1 November 2012 / 1:56 pm

    It’s obviously not me then. However round of applause and welcome back to the little man. Good luck yet again.


    • Diane 1 November 2012 / 1:58 pm

      The Mo-Bros are the gents growing their tashes for Movember. 🙂

      Thank you!


  2. manty67 1 November 2012 / 4:27 pm

    I’m loving the little man at the end of the page. Looks like your making a very good start. Best of luck 🙂 x


    • Diane 1 November 2012 / 4:35 pm

      He’s great, isn’t he? And thanks. 🙂 x


  3. Carol 2 November 2012 / 8:07 am

    ?????I think I’ve missed something somewhere…as usual. :0)


    • Diane 3 November 2012 / 1:51 am

      They grow these really way out moustaches in a bid to raise funds for male cancers research. It happens in November every year, right after breast cancer awareness month for the women. It’s called Movember, or Mo(ustache)vember, and they’re Mo-Bros (Movember Brothers).


  4. Carol 4 November 2012 / 2:01 pm

    Ahh thanks, I had missed that one.


Comments are closed.