I’ve been very busy trying to keep on top of the work I won while also trying to claw in some money. Being busy is one thing, but I can’t wait until I can carve some time out for my own work, and I can’t do that until people start to pay me on time and when they say they will.
The poet has relieved me of gig list duties as it was a non-earning chore and took away valuable time. I still forward messages and keep half an eye on things, but he’s picked it up very quickly and gets more chance to do updates than I did. He’s also able to do more maintenance, such as checking links work and taking them off if they don’t.
It’s still been a very busy time, though. But I’m getting there.
Here then, late, is this week’s to do list:
- check job boards daily √√√
- debt management daily x 5 √√
- walk dog daily x 5 ××
- write 1,000 words daily x 5 ××
- daily comps x 5 ××
- write blog x 3 ×√
- finish electronic edits on client’s YA novel √
- finish electronic edits on client’s non-fiction historical #1
- manual edits on client’s non-fiction historical #2
- electronic edits on client’s non-fiction historical #2
- manual edits on client’s non-fiction historical #3
- electronic edits on client’s non-fiction historical #3
- check 3rd proofs on client’s non-fiction historical #4
- check author comments on non-fiction historical #5
- diary work
- band practice
- invoicing (hurrah!)
- credit control (boo!)
- 1 x gig
Gosh, even I feel faint after writing that lot out. I’d best crack on. But at the moment, I wish I was somewhere else today.