It’s such a beautiful day here today I’m at my desk a whole hour earlier and having to close the blinds against the sunshine. Since the “office” was added to “Abbey Road” I’ve been at my desk every single day. I’ve had some transitional admin work to do with the other house, but generally I’ve been here working. Every. Single. Day. And I’ve been very surprised when I’ve cleared a load of backlog to see it’s still only the middle of the morning.
Everyone should have a dedicated work area if they can. I’m certain that’s what’s doing it, and having such a lovely environment to work in too helps.
Here is how this week has panned out (list alert!):
- surf job boards daily x 5 √√√√√
- pitch for 15 new jobs √
- write 3 x blog posts √√√
- diary work x 2 √
- enter competitions daily x 5 √√××√
- write walks report √
- submit walks report to 6 x local newspapers √
- complete manual edits on non-fiction #1 √
- pay outstanding bills x 4 √√√√
- set up new direct debits x 4 √√√√
- complete electronic edits on non-fiction #1
- start manual edit on new fiction
- set up new annual budget for 2 new bank accounts (in and out) √
- arrange estate agent market evaluations x 3 √√√
- recommence work on non-fiction #2
- invoices (hurrah!)
Phew! But just look at all of those lovely ticks. I still have some missing, though, so I’d best get on.
Before I go, here are some pictures we found on the camera before clearing it for the Keswick trip: