… and I forgot it was a 4-day week last week, the second of 2 on the trot. We have a 5-day week this week, then it’s back to a 4-day week next week again, only my week will be a 2-day week.
So I promised more pictures by Wednesday, thinking it was Monday when I posted. But it was Tuesday and the rest of the week just ran away with me.
We spent a few hours in the garden and pitched a tent to see how weather-tight it was.
As it turned out, it wasn’t very weather-tight at all. So I took it down this morning, after doing the “dog-poo-patrol” (sorry …), and before hanging out some washing, and shoved most of it in the dustbin.
I’ve kept the tent pegs – you can never have too many tent pegs … Because we bought a new one at the weekend, another we can just chuck in the boot of the car when we feel like it and shoot off for a couple of nights.
My kind of camping. 🙂
We need to get that one pitched too so we know how to pitch it in case it’s dark when we get to wherever we’re going. But in the future we may get a bigger tent, possibly a trailer tent.
We’re hoping to go away this coming weekend, but I now have a tenant for the other house. Actually, I had 2 people fighting over it in the end, but I decided to go with someone I know because her mum lives next door (other side to Perve). And she’ll give me time to sort out the paperwork.
So we have a lot of packing to do and a removal man to arrange. By Saturday … Hopefully we can still be away by Saturday teatime.
I still have a lot of work to do – a very lot. Here’s a taster (list alert!):
- electronic edits on non-fiction #1
- author revisions on historical fiction
- write weekly walks report
- submit weekly walks report to 6 x local newspapers
- manual edits on non-fiction #2
- author & proofreader revisions on non-fiction #3
- electronic edits on non-fiction #2
- formal book proposal to write for (my own) non-fiction books 1, 2 and 3
- sample chapter to write for (my own) non-fiction book 3
- book optician appointment
- attend optician appointment
- house to empty
- house to clean
- tent to pitch/take down
And I only have 4 days … or 3½ now … so here are more of last week’s pictures: