Well, it didn’t get any less busy and it doesn’t look as though I’ll finish NaNo, but at least we’re finally moving house this coming Friday, so at least that’s another thing ticked of the massive to-do list.
We’re still moving 2 houses really, as the last house hasn’t properly been unpacked. And there’s still stuff over there in the loft that needs collecting. That’ll be a messy job. We also have spare furniture still to give away. And, of course, there’s all the paperwork and admin needed to sell a house, move from a different house and move into a new house.
We’re also moving an office, and a music studio. The studio was packed up last night; the office will be in boxes by this evening.
Unfortunately, the poet has managed to trap his sciatica nerve again (we think). This usually happens at a gig where he’s lifting heavy speakers and other gear. This time it happened while he was packing to come home from Scotland, and he’s still in a lot of pain and can hardly move. So, whereas we were going to hire a van and have help from his 2 sons, we’ve now decided to hire some commercial help. We’ll still need the 2 lads to help with lifting, though, so I hope they’re both still coming.
I’ve cleared the bulk of my work, submitted it, invoiced it and been paid. (Hurrah!) But I am in the middle of a hard copy edit and I do have some author/proofreader revisions to turn around. I’m doing those today and I’ll continue with the hard copy edit where I can. We’ve been promised broadband and telephone by Monday, so hopefully the hard copy edit will be ready to go back to the author soon afterwards.
After the move, I already have in a 78,000-word edit and 3 x 30,000-word edits. PLUS we’re still awaiting an 80,000-word sequel. That should keep me busy until Christmas. 🙂
Once we move and have settled, I will also be picking my NaNo project back up. I’ve managed around 22,000 words, which is 22,000 more than I had at the beginning of November, and I want to crack on with the first draft. And then I want to have a bash at a run of short material. I submitted a filler on Monday and am waiting to hear if that’s been successful. It will be a nice kick-start if it is.
The office, then, will be closed from this evening until next Thursday morning, 4 December. Next time you see me, we’ll be safely installed in the new house.
Have a great week.